Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Happiness is....

Happiness is…

Woke up this morning thinking about happiness. Watched a short video on the country Bhutan and their national goal of “gross nation happiness”. 
It got me thinking, what are the feelings of happiness?  Contentment, peace, and well-being came to mind as some of the conditions of happiness.
A few days ago I was discussing happiness with a friend of mine. He asked me if I am happy?
The answer I gave was about 80 percent happy. I ask myself why only 80 percent, what is holding be back from 100 percent or at least 90?
I believe our natural state is being happy, but external forces block our being happy. Like in my case worry and fear of the future pulls back on my happiness. It is difficult to be a peace and contented with worry and fear as a mind set. Been a “worry wort” all my life, perhaps this is a good time to stop those traits. 
My thought process went to how to keep those negative thoughts from taking over?  I find myself falling in to the trap of; if I have this much money, find this new place to live, or when a soulmate comes into my life,then I will be happy. The fear and worry about  those exceptions of being happy, floods my mind with negative thoughts. Being a student of the Law of Attraction I should realize that being in the vibration of happiness is when all those desires will flow to me. I know in my consciousness that fear and worry only attracts more things to fear and worry about. 
The question still is, how to get back to the state of being happy even with unfulfilled desires still out there? 
What came back to me are a few steps in maintaining happiness. First I need to trust in the process of manifesting. The Universe is always binging me what I want if stay in vibrational alignment with the “want”. If I get into a positive vibrational place, being happy, the process works. 
Reflecting back on my life, I was able to see examples of how the process worked. When I believed and had a knowing that something would happen, than the outcome I desired manifested.
Next I realized, I most stay in the now, live in the moment, and seek situations that feel good. This is about seeking positive thoughts and actions, laugh a lot, finding joy in what I do have and surrounding myself with like minded people. 
Worry and fear will continue to creep back in. This is a negative world and daily all of us are inundated with fear thoughts. That is where focus comes into play. Mindfulness is so important in staying in the now and positive thoughts patterns. In this meditative state of mindfulness I able capable of washing away fear with positive thoughts. 
That leads into the next point of appreciation.  It is vital for me to continually  be in a state of appreciation, for both the little things and why I want those future things. I do understand the more I appreciate, the more I will get to appreciate. Using thoughts of appreciation in a state of mindfulness realigns my emotional state to a high vibrational place. 
I know I can replace worry and fear with appreciation, trust, focus, and living in the now. In this rediscovered  state of happiness; I know I will attract all that I want and desire, with keeping a high vibrational state of joy, love, and appreciation.
In this brief blog, I have snatched the surface of being happy. In future writing I desire to explore more about being happy and how to get there. 

I share this with you in hopes that if you face some of the same challenges, my thoughts can assist you in at least some small way.

No comments:

Post a Comment